The purpose of this page is to serve as a source of information to undergraduate students about scholarships and other opportunities that are not research related. You will likely hear about this first elsewhere but will use this page to access the specifics when you are ready for them. Many of these opportunities repeat from year to year so if something is of interest, consider when, throughout your undergraduate tenure, you might best fit it into your schedule. Listings are in reverse chronological order, with the most recent ones at the top of the list. The listings include the date the solicitation was received in the department, the name of the program and then a few words about location and/or discipline. Each listing is hot-linked to the annoucement received, in the form of a pdf file with all the additional details you need to get started.
- 2017-04-06, Teaching Positions at independent PreK-12 Schools across the South (teaching license or education major usually not required)
- 2017-04-14&15, University of Pittsburgh Health Careers Diversity Conference
- 2017-03-27 Succeed in STEM (2:00-5:00pm, University Club Ballroom)
- 2017-01-25, IUPUI Postbac program "Prepare for your Ph.D.: Earn while you learn"
- 2017-01-25, Consider summer classes at Pitt
- 2017-01-06, National Scholarships Newsletter (multiple opportunities)
- 2016-10-12, Woodrow Wilson Teaching Fellowship (on-going program)
- 2016-09-12, Pitt's Office of Undergraduate Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activity (multiple opportunities; on-going)
- 2016-07-16, Institute for Broadening Participation (all sorts of professional development opportunities; on-going)