Toxicity Reference Database Support at EPA
The EPA Environmental Research and Business Support Program has an immediate opening for a Toxicity Reference Database Support position with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA’s Research Triangle facility in Raleigh-Durham, NC. The selected candidate will provide data management, data curation and data analysis support to the ToxRefDB project. This is a combination of MySQL database management, NoSQL solutions, file management, data curation and extraction, quality control, as well as performing qualitative and quantitative data analysis. He/she will also be working with a number of heterogeneous toxicological datasets from other projects including ToxCast and Tox21. He/she will also work with ontologies for mapping biological concepts across resources.
- Full time, $33.37/hour
- Must be pursuing a PhD degree in biology, toxicology, chemistry, bioinformatics, statistics, computational biology, math, physics, information science, or a closely related field of study from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months
- Demonstrated education and/or experience in toxicology and/or biology
- Demonstrated education and/or experience in data mining
- A working knowledge of publicly available biological and chemical database resources including those managed by National Center for Biomedical Information (NCBI) and European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI)
- A working knowledge of in vivo toxicology studies
- A working knowledge of relational databases
- R-language or Python programming (or other scripting language) experience.
For the full position description and to apply, visit our website: https://www.zintellect.com/Posting/Details/3095