EPA Human Health and Wellbeing Research Support
The EPA Environmental Research and Business Support Program has an immediate opening for a Human Health and Wellbeing Research Support position at EPA with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA’s facility in Chapel Hill, NC. The Epidemiology Branch (EB) of the Environmental Public Health Division (EPHD), National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory (NHEERL), Office of Research and Development (ORD) at EPA conducts epidemiological research supporting EPA’s regulations and helping communities to make better decisions to sustain a healthy society and environment. The selected candidate shall assist the EB team with providing technical laboratory support for epidemiological research projects which include recruitment and examination of human subjects, biological sample collection, physical examinations, collection of questionnaire data, and laboratory analysis of various biomarkers in blood, saliva, and stool samples, data processing, statistical analysis and preparation of reports.
- Full time, $28.14 per hour;
- Have earned at least a Master’s degree in biology, microbiology, molecular biology, public health, environmental sciences, engineering or closely related field from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months;
- Experience with general laboratory safety practices;
- Working knowledge of general laboratory techniques, including aseptic and sterile technique;
- Substantial practical experience in laboratory research involving the use of various immunological and/or molecular methods at a level enabling the applicant to independently learn and successfully apply the methods listed above;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook); and
- Strong communication skills including written, oral, and presentation abilities.
For the full position description and to apply, visit our website: