UCLA Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry is pleased to announce the openings for the 2018 Boyer / Cram / Libby Teacher-Scholar positions.
These three Teacher-Scholar positions honor UCLA Chemistry & Biochemistry Department Nobel Laureates Paul D. Boyer, Donald J. Cram, and Willard F. Libby and recognize their many contributions to the advancement of chemistry and biochemistry. Promising graduates who have recently received (past 3 years) or will receive a doctorate degree in chemistry or biochemistry are eligible to apply.
The Boyer / Cram / Libby Teacher-Scholars will be expected to serve for three years (2018–2021), with the initial appointment for one year, plus the possibility of renewal for the second and third years. The Teacher-Scholars are expected to teach three one-quarter undergraduate chemistry or biochemistry courses during a given academic year and will also conduct postdoctoral research with a sponsoring faculty mentor in the Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry.
The appointment can start on or after July 1, 2018. The anticipated salary is $53,000/year, in addition to full benefits.
Qualified applicants should have a stellar record of research accomplishments and noteworthy teaching credentials.
Candidates should provide (by January 5, 2018):
1) Cover letter which includes the names of ~3 UCLA Chemistry & Biochemistry faculty mentors whose research is of most interest to the applicant.
3) Statement on research (ca. 2 pages)
4) Statement of teaching philosophy (ca. 1 page)
5) Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity through research, teaching, and/or service. (Optional)
6) Three letters of references
Please submit applications to the UCLA Academic Recruit job posting, available here: https://recruit.apo.ucla.edu/apply/JPF03361